Welcome to the Green-cheeked Conure Blog! Are you owned by a green cheek? Then this is the place for you. I have provided links to GCC resources, pages, photos, videos, and discussion lists on the Web, and you'll hear about my green cheek, Frodo, and my other birds. Hope to hear from other green cheek owners about their feathered kids.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Frodo's Vocabulary

My green cheek Frodo has been expanding his vocabulary of late. He is constantly surprising me. In addition to his first phrase, "Peek-a-boo", his favorite go-to word is "Baby." He uses it in a variety of ways. "Baby", "Hello baby", "Hi baby", "Hey baby" or just "Baby, Babeeeee, bee." He also shushes me when I suggest that he be quiet or when he pipes up loudly at bedtime. He has also learned to say "Pssst" like he is going to whisper something to me.

First, he's been hearing me calm down the cockatiels during their night frights on many occasions. To my surprise, he added his own comment to the cockatiels with "It's okay." He's heard me saying "It's okay" or "It's alright" many, many times.

Second, when he's in the bird room and I'm in the living room, I ask him, "What're you doing?" He now reciprocates.

Third, I often ask Frodo, "Who's a good boy?" He says that now as well.

Fourth. His latest word is the name of one of my cockatiels. "Chipper."

Frodo also mumbles a lot in human speech. I call it practicing. When he gets it down, then he'll use it smugly. Such a funny little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment